he white, two story, colonial styled house was built in 1915 by J.J.
(Captain Jack) Dorminy for his wife Rachel and his four daughters.
The house was designed by Columbus architect T.F. Lockwood. Dorminy's
ancestors had lived in the surrounding area since pre Civil War days and
Dorminy moved his family from Broxton, where he also had business
interests, to occupy the house. A prominent businessman in the
community, Dorminy owned farms, a cotton gin, a cotton oil mill, a
cotton warehouse, a fertilizer sales business, and sawmills in Broxton
and Waycross. He was president of the First National Bank of Fitzgerald.
Only the best available materials were used in the house and Dorminy
personally selected the trees from which the heart pine lumber was cut.
Captain Jack Dorminy lived in the house until his death in 1952. His daughter, Eulalie Dorminy
Massee, bought the house from the estate and lived there and lovingly cared for it until her death in
1995. Eulalie's son Marion and grandson Mark eventually purchased the home and oversaw the remodeling
necessary to transform the house into a bed and breakfast, which opened in 1997. Presently, Mark and his wife Sherry,
own and operate the Inn, making the downstairs area their home while offering 6 rooms upstairs for overnight guests.